(Best cousin picture available.)
Last week my sister came with her three boys.
We had a great visit. Sometimes it's hard for Mark to be the only boy child in the family. I always tell him that he has almost all boy cousins. So it's nice for him to get to take advantage of that sometimes. They played tag and soccer and the DS (oh yes they did).
We girls had fun too. We went to a park, a petting zoo, and a splash park. We played in the backyard. Rebecca and I talked and made food. Kip bought paper plates which we shamelessly used instead of real ones so that we wouldn't have 400 loads of dishes/day.
We celebrated the Baker's trip here by having mosquitoes on the prowl for the first time this summer (which is certainly one silver lining of our drought cloud). Then after they left, it got less humid again and the mosquitoes haven't been as bad since. What can I say? Rebecca must have drawn them to her.
I noticed that our kids are getting older. It seems funny to say since they are still so very young. But there were no babies waking up in the night. The big boys slept in Mark's room without too much issue. In fact, bed time in general wasn't as painful as usual. Oh, sure, people stayed up later than normal and no on wanted to go to bed, but most nights after about 15 minutes, the kids were asleep. Wow. Even in the mornings (when the grown-ups were pooped), the bigger kids got their DS's and played instead of waking everybody else up.
So, yes, it was a nice trip and even though I was tired at the end (and I bet Bec was way more tired), I wasn't as tired as I usually am. Which was very nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment