The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mark's Birthday



We've officially entered the double digits. And we are perfectly mature. I assure you.

This year Mark's birthday was on a Tuesday. Then he had a party on Friday. I decided I'd never do that again. Not because it was even really that hard (although there was a wee bit of extra effort involved). Mark just had three friends over and they were as good as gold. It's just that scheduling got tricky. And it seemed like there were these two slightly anti-climactic events--one small family party; one small friend party. Why not combine them, right? Two treats. Two gift opening sessions. Yeah, the 10-year-old loved it, but by the end of the week, I was a little birthdayed out, and it was time to start gearing up for Kip's birthday this Friday. Wow. Do I sound old or what? I guess that's what happens when you're kid turns 10. It means you're old.

Mark, I should say, had a super super great birthday. We got him an MP3 player. I kept the headphones out of it, thinking that I didn't want him to grow up quite too fast. I told Kip we could give them to him when he asked for them. Mark has never been too into headphones, so I didn't expect this to happen for another couple years. Thirty minutes later, Mark was asking Kip if he had any headphones. Say what? The next day he tried to do his homework and practice his piano while wearing his headphones (again--say what?). So we set a few limits and all has been well.

We had a great time with out big kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment