The family--some actually looking at the camera
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Kip's Race
Kip decided to celebrate his new running habit by entering the "Run of Luck" on Saturday. It was, oddly, a 7K, which I've never heard of before. It was actually super fun to go to. A bunch of people were dressed up in Leprechaun costumes and green tutus and all kinds of crazy stuff and there was just an enjoyable festive atmosphere about.
The kids and I accidentally found a really good place to park and cheer. We went into a parking lot that we couldn't use and had to go into this other parking lot where nobody was. I was about to leave, but then the first of the racers came around a bend and so we all got out and waited for Kip. It was super fun and without the stress of keeping track of the kids in a crowd. Also, it was still close enough to the finish line that it wasn't too much of a hike to get there afterwards.
I was surprised how much the kids seemed to like watching Kip participate. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again in a few more months.
Labels:
Kip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment