The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Resolutions 2014

So, yes, I'm one of those people who enjoys the beginning of the year and finds it a nice to for reflection and re-evaluation. If you care at all about how I did with last year's goals (yeah; I know; you're not that lame), you can have a look here.

We actually had a really really nice 2013. It was just a good year--not perfect, but I felt like our family had a lot of good times together and nothing terrible happened. So, knock on wood for 2014.

This year, as always, I have a few goals. If you are goal-nerdy and care what they are, here you go.

Physical: 

1. Two pull ups.
2. Run a 5K with Kip. I haven't really run much since high school. I love almost all exercise, but I do NOT love running. But Kip has gotten me to run with him a few times and it wasn't so bad. Besides, a person should be able to run for 3 miles without wanting to die, right? How else will I survive a zombie apocalypse? And I thought a race together sounded fun.

Piano/Music:

1. Learn a couple new songs--I'm thinking "The Entertainer." "Once Upon a December," and "Let It Go" from "Frozen."
2. I'm toying with the idea of giving myself a 15 minute a day practice time. I'm sure it's good for my brain and my fingers. But I'm not ready to commit just yet. But maybe I should be. Fifteen minutes is not that long. At least I will make a goal to do 15 minutes all the days Kip works.

Novel:

1. Agent, Publisher, Sell

Family/Kids:

1. Make each child feel loved through one-on-one conversation and cuddling.
2. More educational things together--games, looking stuff up, finding stuff out, memorizing, cooking, reading.
3. Continued (and maybe better) FHE and scripture study.

Spiritual:

1. Memorize scriptures, hymns. I'd like to shoot for one/month, but I'll count any success.
2. Scripture study specific topics.
3. Establish a specific time for morning prayers (years ago I'd always do it after making the bed, then Kip's work schedule got in the way since I often don't make the bed till the evening now. But it was a habit that made it easy to remember and do. Maybe I can start to associate it with teeth brushing or something, though kneeling in the bathroom isn't nearly as appealing as kneeling by my freshly-made bed.)

Personal: 

I have a book list--Unbroken, Dante's Inferno, Milton's Paradise Lost, something Wendell Berry, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, reread Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I really don't care if I get through all of these. I just want to make my way through some.
-Spend less. Trim the old food budget again, and for heaven's sake I have enough clothes, necklaces, and earrings.
-Garden and actually get something that the squirrels don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment