"Wait--what do we do to the roads when it snows; I seem to recall that there's some sort of concoction we can put on the roads to help with ice, but I won't be able to recall it until February or so. For now, everybody panic and buy all the milk in the stores because you'll probably die without it and also cancel school for at least one week; maybe two so that we can have our children make up all those days during the spring when the weather is gorgeous."), I wanted to post some ice skating pictures. Because our pond froze. And I don't care that it was stinking zero degrees, it was still ridiculously awesome to be able to skate on the pond.
Kip and I have these ancient (truly--they could probably be antique-shopped) ice skates that I got at a yard sale. Mine are quite literally crumbling. But awesome.
The old guy who was selling them was in the neighborhood and said that he'd used them when they were young and the ponds froze. They're not the greatest skates in the world, but since our pond only freezes every 5 years or so, they'll do. And then Savannah had some skates I'd gotten at a 2nd-hand store once. Super super fun. She wanted to skate every day and actually got the hang of it pretty quick. Everyone else just slid or walked about on the ice and we all had fun getting our Hans Christian Anderson on.




No comments:
Post a Comment