And this picture of Pippi trying to fit herself into a very small box from the Easter puzzle (good luck, Pippi).
And even this picture from last night when we colored eggs. This is Mark's best friend. We accidentally ruined his egg (he was at our house while we were dying eggs), so he asked if he could take it outside and swing at it with a bat--sure why not. So he did and here's the egg stuck to the bat.
And while we're talking about last night, let me point out that we got no pictures of the actual Easter egg dying, which was pretty fun. Even though I spilled all the red dye taking it to the table and had to improvise to make more (turns out dye made with food coloring is actually even better than regular dye--who knew). Even though afterwards Emma left her dyed egg on the living room floor and it got stepped on by Savannah. Even though I accidentally exploded an already cooked egg in the microwave doing a tiny little experiment. Even though after that, while I was cleaning up the microwave and left the microwave door open to go wash the sponge, Savannah ran through the room and smack into the microwave door and actually bent the door. Despite all this it was actually a very fun night and the kids were so pleased with their eggs that they could barely be persuaded to allow me to devil a few of them today (and, P.S. Savannah is fine, though she has a large L-shaped bruise on her forehead--nope didn't get a picture of that, but maybe I can tomorrow).
Whew. So, yes, the weekend was a little cray cray. Kip was working. Friday night was a scout campout, which we skipped because there was just too much going on, but then I was sad because the boys had tons of fun. Saturday morning there was this Relief Society thing I was part of. That afternoon, we went to an Easter egg hunt at our friends' house (Nope, no pics of that either. Well, maybe, but if so they're on Kip's phone; I'll have to wrangle them from him). That night we had Mark's friends over and dyed eggs. Sunday I played a song for sacrament and did sharing time. And then we went to another friend's house and ate her delicious food and had a fabulous coconut cake.
And then tonight I fell asleep sitting up in a chair outside on the deck while the kids played in the yard. Until Emma let Pippi out. And then we were back to business as usual.
Busy but fun weekend.
And soon, when I wrest some pics of Kip's parents visit, I'll get that blogged too.
No comments:
Post a Comment