The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Meet Me In St. Louis Louis

This past weekend we headed out to St. Louis for a Mini Vacation. We did this because St. Louis is cool and also because we're getting rid of this credit card that had travel points on it so we wanted to use them up.

We picked the kids up from school and headed west. That night we got pizza and I got a raw chicken wing. Which was bad (and super gross) for me, but good for everyone else since they brought us this huge extra platter of wings and gave us large pizzas instead of mediums.

Then we went back to swim. Except Mark didn't want to because the water was cold. I told him he had to move his behind, so he did the treadmill. That was exciting. Then we watched a movie together and went to bed, which wasn't nearly as torturous as it has been in past vacations. So hurray for that and all.

The next day we went to the zoo in the morning. The St. Louis Zoo is free and fabulous. They've got tons to do and it's just beautiful to walk through.







 For most people the penguins were the favorite, but I liked the butterfly dome the best. I think that heaven will be kind of like a huge room with flowers, butterflies, and no mosquitoes.

(Heaven is also a place where I don't look dumb in a picture, but clearly that hasn't been accomplished yet.)

Then we ate lunch and headed over to the City Museum, which is a strange and wonderful place built exclusively from pieces of the city--old bits of metal, tile, statues, cogs, wires, whatever. And put together into the most amazing play structure any child could ever imagine. Kip and I crawled and slithered and squatted our way through many a tight space in an effort to keep up with the kids. It was super fun and everyone was sore the next day and I realized I'm not 12 anymore, but that's okay.









Here's me remembering I'm not 12. 



This tube thing was super high up in the air. I was behind the girls swaying in the wind and feeling nervous.





Then we went home and almost everyone slept. That was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment