The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Haircut

Today I got my hair cut. A trim, some thinning, and some layers. Nothing amazing or particularly different. However, I asked Tina (who was cutting my hair) to show me how to fix it curly-ish. Ever since Emma was born, my hair has been distinctly wavy and I have no idea how to fix it or what to do with it.

Tina introduced me to hair gel and a diffuser. Why, yes, I am stuck in the 18th century. I didn't even own a blow dryer until I got married. So she went and diffused my hair for 10 minutes or less and look what happened.


I'm not even really sure I like it (I think I do). I'm just stunned at how curly it can be. 

I am also stunned by life's cruel little ironies--like how my hair was stick straight all through the '80s and '90s only to blossom now into what could be a perfectly respectable '90s do. All I need is to tease it a little bit and add about 3 inches to the height of my bangs and voila--yearbook regret, here I come.   

No comments:

Post a Comment