We did have one really nice day of weather, so we went to the zoo. The zoo here isn't that amazing, BUT any time we go we pretty much have it all to ourselves. It's incredible.
Mark says I have a pointy nose. Clearly this is true.
The grandparents and grand kids. Mark was closing his eyes on purpose--as he always tries to look ridiculous when a picture is taken. We try to tell Mark that one day he will regret this--like when his girlfriend/wife is like, "Why aren't there any good pictures of you," but this is the type of threat lost on a boy until it is much too late.
Kip with his mom, Elizabeth, and Savannah (the girls were always making up for Mark's avoidance of the camera by striking these super darling hugging poses).
Bird nerd minute: These ducks were doing this elaborate mating thing. They were swimming in circles around each other--it looked like a duck square dance. Weird. And cool. I think Kip's mom said they're call ducks.
Sort of caught him looking cute. Don't worry, he wasn't going for pensive; he was going for obstinate:).
Feeding the giraffes even though I told the kids I most certainly would not pay $2 for them to feed the giraffes. But then it looked so fun.
My favorite picture of the zoo trip--Mark took this one.
Heading back.
We did plenty of other fun things while they were here. We went to Wesselman's to look at birds. Kip's parents are bird-nerdy just like us. Jeanie and Kent took the us to McDonald's twice and Pizza Hut once. The kids were, like, crazy over the moon. The first time we were at McDonald's the little girls were talking about Sprite and they kept calling it Sprout. I thought that all the people around us probably considered us Martian invaders. Apparently we don't get out much. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of this stuff.
Anyway, I'm so glad they came to visit even if it was 15 degrees warmer in Kaysville while they were here (curse you, seasonally cool Evansville). The day after they left the kids moped around. It was sad and cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment