She woke up that morning right as rain (or so it seemed)--super excited and bouncing off the walls. And then at one, I got a call from the school. When I saw the number on my phone, I thought, "Oh no, please not Elizabeth." And then I answered it. "Hi, This is Nurse So and So. I've got Elizabeth here." Aaaaahhhhh. Apparently she had a fever of 101. She'd gone to the nurse's office in tears. When I got her she still looked teary and felt awful. She said her neck and back and head hurt. We got some medicine and a new thermometer from CVS on the way home (should have wrapped them up). I was a little worried with the quick onset and the neck and back pain thing. But after some medicine she felt much much better.
When the other kids got home, we opened her presents. And that night she felt well enough to have pizza and cake. So all was not lost.
She got all the candles on her one piece so as not to contaminate the cake when she blew them out.
But her party had to be re-scheduled and her date to Skyzone (a trampoline place) with her dad. She was actually a pretty good sport about it, but I felt sad for her. She had this perfect Friday night for a party and instead she got stuck with a lame old Tuesday night. She didn't seem to care, but I was sending angry messages to the universe in my mind.
On Tuesday a gaggle of girls came over and we had cake and ice cream and watched "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and then the girls did nails. They played this game where they somehow spun the nail polish and whatever color pointed at you--you had to put that color on. (Note: I let Mark play Poptropica--poor guy, it was seriously girl city.)
(watching The Grinch)
Then we went to bed. And Elizabeth was fine save for a cough and sniffles until Thursday when she was supposed to make up her daddy-daughter date and go to Skyzone. That day she woke up achy and with a fever again. It was weird. So she missed school Thursday and Friday, and the truth is I really enjoyed having her home. It wasn't a terrible illness--a fever and some cold symptoms--and medicine helped significantly. So we hung out and then she watched Emma Friday while I went shopping. It was kind of a good deal for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment