Oh, sure, there are the usual things:
1. Kip
2. My kids
3. The gospel of Jesus Christ
4. Our families
5. Kip's job
6. Our wonderful house and yard
7. Pippi the cat
8. Our health
9. Sleep (oh, blessed sleep)
10. Our friends
But I was trying to think of the somewhat overlooked things that I take for granted in my life. Here's are 10:
1. Blue jeans and tennis shoes. I mean seriously, thank goodness I don't have to wear the pumps and dresses of bygone days. Or the housedresses. Yuck.
2. My garden. It's not perfect, but it's so fun and so rewarding.
3. Books, libraries, paper, half.com and, frankly, the fact that I as a middle class woman am completely literate.
4. Chocolate . Maybe that one's not obscure, but it certainly deserves to be included, now doesn't it.
5. Make up. Oh--I don't consider myself very vain, but maybe I'm wrong. It's nice to have a little something to perk up this aging face when I want to.
6. Strollers. Does that one really need an explanation.
7. Homemade food.
8. Kissing. It's good for both kids and spouse. I even liked it with acquaintances in The Netherlands and kind of miss that here in the U.S.
9. Christmas music. I love all music, but the Christmas songs have a special place in my heart.
10. The way my children look when they sleep--like babies all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment