Kip spits upon New Year's Resolutions. Or at least he doesn't like to make them. He says that he prefers making goals whenever the need strikes.
Can't argue with that.
But I like to have a time to evaluate the year that has just gone by and to think about the things I'd like to be improving upon. The New Year provides me with that time.
And you know it's funny, but I wrote them down here and then I felt it was too oddly personal to share on a blog. Like I was flapping out my weaknesses in all their specific glory. So I pared things down a bit here, though it still feels a little vulnerable. Don't judge me, okay.
1. Hello inner-abdominals. If, indeed, you still exist. I'm planning to do a little core work several times a week in the hope that I can get the sagging lady that was my core back up into the mother ship.
2. Control my tongue. Because that's not too lofty of a goal or anything. Right? I notice that lately I've been snapping at my kids a lot (or maybe taking things a step or two past snapping) and I really don't want to. It doesn't seem to help them or me.
3. Write about things besides food. There is, after all, so very much that's interesting.
4. Sing a little more. Dad made it easier by giving me some awesome music for Christmas. And then there's our Friday night singing group to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment