Kip posted some pic's on facebook, but I don't seem to have them here. Which is fine since the pictures didn't even come close to doing justice to his truck. It is (ahem, was) this big, heavy truck and after the wreck it was all crunched up like it had been bent in half. All the rear windows broke out. It was just a mess. So they totalled it. Now we have a red truck, which Kip found on craigslist.
And then we had Halloween, which got postponed due to strong winds/rain/threat of tornado. I whined about this a little bit, but then November 1st was quite possibly the most beautiful day of the year and I got to walk around with my kids who were costumed and happy and even polite and happy as clams and you just couldn't beat it. And, yes, they got a stash. I don't honestly mind that so much. What I mind is being asked every hour if they can have just one more piece of candy when I clearly made a clear rule that was very clear that they could have two after lunch, one after school, and three after dinner. (Pretty generous I think). So I've started threatening to take candy if they ask me after I've said 'no.' Also, this year before they even went out, Kip said that for each wrapper he found on the floor, he'd take a piece of candy (any one he chose) and that if we ever caught them sneaking candy, Daddy would get 10 pieces of candy. This has been surprisingly effective. I can't think of the last Halloween where we weren't constantly finding wrappers on the floor.
But anyway, yesterday. It was fixing to be busy too. But the leaves were just so beautiful and I really really wanted to go to this park called Scales park in Boonville, which is gorgeous in the fall. It took a bit of fanangling, but we went (plus two friends--whee!). And, oh, it was so so lovely. It was the one thing that day that I absolutely 100% didn't regret doing. These pictures do not do it justice. It was just golden--golden yellow, red, everything. And I know that it is so fleeting. I know that even if we go there next week it will not look the same, so I felt just kind of blessed to be there enjoying it and just seeing it. (If that makes any sense and doesn't sound like hippy weirdness to you.) We caught it right at its peak and we also somehow managed to go between rain showers when it was sunny and perfect.
That night we went to a show called Cirque de la Symphonie that had the Evansville symphony playing, but with cirque performers doing things to the music. Compliments of my dad and an early Christmas present, we took the three oldest kids. It was truly awesome (though truth be told, I'm still not sure it could compete with those perfect fall trees for me). The performers were perfect and amazing. And I always love music.
And then we got an extra hour of sleep. Joyfulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment