The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Goals for 2015

Because I know everyone is just dying to hear about them, right? Too bad. I like to write them down anyway.

1. Finish rough draft of 2nd YA novel. I'd also like to make it a goal to publish or sell or get an agent for my first novel, but that's not a goal that's really as much in my hands so instead I will make a secondary goal to always have it out to at least one agent/publishing company until I can sell the dang thing or give up. But I can't give up this year. So, there, that's my goal.

2. A little yoga every day--especially for those tight inner thighs/hips. I don't know why those parts of me are so so tight, but they are and I hope if I stretch a little every day they will eventually loosen up a bit. Even five minutes each day is okay (and I can do nothing at all on Sunday if I want).

3. Be more organized with Primary. To accomplish this, I plan to do 10 minutes every day, even if I think I don't have anything to do for Primary (which is why I am disorganized with it in the first place, because I'm always like, "Yeah, there's nothing I need to do" until Sunday morning when I wake up worrying about 7000 things that I could have/needed to do during the week).

4. I'd like to make this goal to learn Spanish and brush up on (aka--relearn--Dutch). But that seems a little lofty. Instead I will try to trudge my way through the Spanish BOM, attend my little Spanish conversation classes when I can. And hopefully listen to some conference talks in Spanish and Dutch. Also, I plan to look at my Dutch children's books and try to read them this year.

5. Blog. After Emma goes to school, I'm going to give it an hour a day and see if I can boost it at all. I'm not going to do more posts, but work more on my photos and my networking. If it doesn't boost at all after 6 months, then I'll just keep doing it for me as my little recipe archive, but I thought I should at least give it a go.

6. Less time on facebook. I don't spend a lot of time on facebook, but most of the time I do spend seems kind of like a waste of time. I think I'll shoot for once a day for 10 minutes unless someone has messaged me in which case I can message back.

7. Kids. Oh, kids kids kids. I feel I have so much room for improvement, but these are the hardest goals to make for me. They're just so hard for me to form into a concrete sort of goal that I can keep/measure. My very biggest goal for them is to make them feel more loved, to make them know that they are loved. But that is hardly measurable and if it was measurable, I'm sure it couldn't be measured until they were at least 35. These are the tiny weird things I thought about.
-Mark: Challenge Mark with soccer and other physical/mental feats.
-Elizabeth--Sit with her in quiet times. She demands less than the others and because of this, she is easier to leave to herself and even to overlook than the others.
-Savannah--Bring chair up from basement and read to her most nights. Brush her hair at night even though she hates it. Hold her tight.
-Emma--I need to play and interact with her more. I'm not a natural player. I should try to do games and books with her more than I do when we're at home together.
-All: Limit screen time (keep fighting the monster) and keep feeding them healthy foods even when it seems like a painful, losing battle.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment