The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Discussion of Breasts With My Girls

Warning: If you get a little woozy thinking about breast-feeding or boobs or your little girls discussing it, then maybe you should skip this post. As for me, I think it's funny.

Yesterday, the girls were sitting eating breakfast and we were discussing how soon Emma would be able to drink the milk of a cow even though she couldn't just yet.

Elizabeth piped in that she could drink milk from Mommy's breasts and I concurred with that.

Then Savannah piped in that she had breasts. Elizabeth argued that Savannah did not have breasts. Savannah started to cry and told me (I was washing dishes while this occurred), "Elizabeth says I don't have bests."

I told her, "You both have breasts. They're just little right now."

Elizabeth then said to Savannah, "Mommy's are the biggest, but mine are bigger than yours." (Truth to be told, I think that Savannah wins right now as far as who is the most buxom.)

I said, "You both have little breasts. All kids have little breasts. They won't get bigger till you get older."

Which seemed to settle it all. I only wish that in 6,7,8 years the discussion will be as simple and open as it was today. But I know it won't.

2 comments:

  1. We have nursing discussions ALL the time.Its nice to know I am not the only one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your girls nurse their babies? All my kids, including Mark, have nursed babies and stuffed animals at some point when I've been nursing. It's so hilarious to me.

    ReplyDelete