The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Mother's Poem for the Sleep Deprived

Now I lay me down to sleep,
To arise in a bit and change pee peed sheets.
And then a nurse and kiss at midnight,
Followed in an hour by the soothing of a fright.
Then comes the day and the needs of the dawn,
And my four children wonder why their mother yells yawns.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!!! Last night I was just sure Leah, who was sleeping in my bed, was going to throw up... She didn't, but she was so restless and whiney in her sleep, it wasn't looking good. Hannah woke up with a nightmare and climbed in with me too. Elijah slept well after his meltdown... I am glad that we seem to be well past the wet-the-bed stage! One less thing to wake me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true- and Thanks for introducing yourself....I'm Reed's (your cousin's) wife, Annie- looks like I can enjoy getting to know you all too from your blog. We are expecting our third in August, so I'll try to glean as much adivice as I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable family Jean!

    And yes -- the Whitney Johnson that you saw in the acknowledgements was me!

    My blog is www.daretodream.typepad.com

    So glad you reached out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Whitney! I had a look at daretodream today, but didn't know if you had one with cheesy family photos lurking on the sidelines:).

    ReplyDelete