The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas, She Comes

Isn't it ironic that when you actually have interesting things to post, you have significantly less time to post them. Go figure.

I got the den painted and we had the loveliest anniversary maybe ever. And then the Paces and Bartys came for Thanksgiving and that was super fun too. But you'll have to wait for those stories/pictures because I'm just so behind (and not just in this blog either) because Christmas--in all her bossiness--is coming to town. She demands attention, pictures, and probably cake too. Tonight she'll have to settle for a little attention and some horribly shot pictures.

The Christmas season, for me, begins the day after Thanksgiving, thank you very much (though not exactly because out of sanity-saving necessity much shopping and a little Christmas music practicing is done before then). However, the listening to music and wearing Christmas socks and putting up the tree, that's just got to wait. But not for long. Because that Friday after Christmas is an important one for me. I like to call it green Friday (just kidding; I've never called it that in my life before until this moment, but it is fitting). I do not shop because I value my own life and eyeballs and do not want to poke them out. But we do go and pick out a tree. I love to do this at a farm. The last few years, members of Kip's family have been here and have come along. This year, thanks to the Pace grandparents, we went as reindeer.


It was the only truly beautiful day of the week people were here, but we got outdoor family pictures and got a tree within hours and I sure do count that as a blessing. 




Cute little guy isn't it?


This picture does NOT do it justice. You should see it all shimmery with the excessive ornaments (the kids insist on putting up each and every ornament we own every year. We may have to buy a bigger tree at some point.) It's really just the most beautiful thing.


And then the Paces left and I promise more on their visit in a later post, but for now we'll stick to Christmas stuff.

These are my favorite (although the worst pics of all). I didn't set this nativity up this way. I set it up as grown-ups always do--sort of like the players are on a stage where they all face outward. A few days after decorating, I came in and noticed this.


I'm not sure who did it (I suspect Elizabeth, however, but cannot be very sure as it really could have been anyone, except Emma, who would have just put everyone in shoes and the dishwasher and possibly the bathtub). But it surely struck me when I did notice it.

Because isn't that really how it's supposed to be. Jesus in the center and all focus on Him whether your face is facing the crowd or not. Oh come let us adore him, Christ, the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment