The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Elizabeth


Elizabeth's birthday descended upon me in a rush. It's the first time yet that I've really felt the December-li-ness of her birthday. Kip's family left after Thanksgiving and all the sudden, I was like, "Oh my gosh, she's got a birthday coming. Soon. As in, 5 days soon."

Fortunately for me, I'm incredibly organized, competent, um, probably something else good too. What? You don't believe me? You think that I'm the type who would be finishing frosting the cake as the guests are arriving and beginning to play. Well, that just shows how well you know me because, yeah, well I guess it does show how well you know me.

Despite the many obstacles and a certain amount of drama surrounding Elizabeth's inability to deliver invitations to 2 girls at school who she wanted to come, we had a marvelous time.

I told Elizabeth that if we had a small party, we could do something cool. And we did. It's actually the best birthday idea I've had yet. Instead of games or other normal party activities, we did a craft. We made a little purse for each of the girls. Well, we didn't make the purse. I bought canvas purses at Walmart and we decorated them with appliques and rhinestones. Rhinestones make every birthday good.

Here Elizabeth is opening her presents with her friends and siblings thereby. You can see a couple of the purses on the table. They turned out uber cute. Hello, Savannah.


Elizabeth loved each and every gift. And her cake (chocolate pumpkin with caramel cream cheese frosting and lettering done in ganache, thank you very much). And having friends there to play with. And pretty much every thing. It was a lovely day and, ironically, one of the most successful parties ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment