This is how our den looked before. Dark, wood-paneled. I wanted to paint it something bright and sunny.
Okay, so they're not the best pictures ever, but hopefully you kind of get the idea (you may also get the idea that our desk is a mess--I assure you that this is merely a trick of the eye and that it is actually pristinely clean and organized).
It really brightened up the room. What I like best about it (and what you really can't tell in these pictures) is that it kind of pulled all the colors of the room together--like we have this blue carpet and this blue kids' desk and this orange chair with blue and yellow accents and this, um, green couch--yeah, I know, I know--but it made it seem like all those things were working together, or at least working better together.
Later this week (maybe) I'll post my big sewing project. Oh the hair pulling. Sewers, I salute you.
No comments:
Post a Comment