So I haven't really written about Thanksgiving yet.
We had a great time.
Kip's parents got here Tuesday night. We did some shopping Wednesday and started cooking. Then we kept cooking Thursday. It was pretty fun for me, though there's always a slightly stressful bump there at the end. Still, it was my goal to not sweat the small stuff and I felt like I did it better this year than in bygone years.
I did not do a little devotional with myself that I usually do during quiet time where I think about what I'm grateful for and write some things down. I missed it and will make time for it next year.
Kip's sister, Shelle, and her family got in Thursday afternoon and then we had dinner. It was really nice. Though we were clearly ready to eat since I didn't get any pictures of us eating.
Friday was utterly beautiful. We got some family pictures (thank you Michael), which I'll post soon. Then we got a Christmas tree. But before we got the tree, Kip's parents gave the kids one of their Christmas gifts.
Here we are at the tree farm. They said this would be its last year since the owner is getting old. That makes me sad.
Later that night we decorated our tree and had some friends over to sing carols with us.
Saturday there was some geo-cashing, a little shopping (at Jo-Ann Fabrics), and we went out to dinner. Early that morning, Kip's parents headed home.
Monday i kept the kids home from school. Everyone except me and Emma went to see the Muppet movie. Emma and I will watch it when it comes out on video and there's no chance she'll get up and run away. Or least if she does, it won't much matter.
Tuesday Shelle and Braden and company were supposed to leave, but we got some light snow. (We also saw a bunch of wild turkeys.) So that was our cultural contribution to the relatives from L.A. I'm sure they appreciated it:). Anyway, the light snow ended up postponing their Evansville flight and Chicago connection, so they would have been stranded in Chicago, so we got to keep them for another 1/2 day. Hopefully, they enjoyed it. I know it was good for me because that morning had been chaotic, but that evening Braden made dinner and we put the kids to bed and played Pit and had a good ol' time.
Then they left early the next day. And Kip and I kind of cleaned up. And I realized I had several things to be stressed out (like Elizabeth's impending birthday) and we kind of went from there:).
No comments:
Post a Comment