The family--some actually looking at the camera

The family--some actually looking at the camera

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Garden Path

Here's the project that I thought would take weeks to complete and which Kip bested in a day and a half:

Before.


After.

There's no doubt that Kip is a superstar in the outdoor creating stuff department. Because of his savvy in this regard, I said "Sure, why not, let's get ducks; what on earth else could require our time."


Which led to these cute little ducks (Lulu, Candy, Polo, and Rosa in case you were wondering) and this picture of me that I actually like. I cannot remember the last time I had an un-posed picture of me that I actually like (which is sad commentary on so many levels). 

But then I went into my bedroom and looked at our wall--the wall I'd peeled wallpaper off over 6 months ago--the wall that looks presently like patchy cardboard, the wall of ghetto living, the wall that is sitting there waiting to be mudded and painted, the wall that reminded me there are many non-cute things in this world that still need to be done. Alas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment