She was standing outside of the bathroom door with a little barrette, holding it by the doorknob and saying something like, "Door lock." I laughed and told Kip he better watch out because Emma was going to pick the lock. Less than a minute later, I heard Kip say, "Hey, how'd you get in here." She'd done it. I was a little shocked. This mechanical prowess does not run in my side of the family (no offense guys, but seriously, it just doesn't).
First of all, she'd noticed that we normally unlocked the door using a butter knife. Secondly, she had somehow made the connection from butter knife to hair barrette--like, she'd realized that the two objects were alike enough to do the same job (not sure I would have even been able to make the connection). Thirdly, she'd actually had the coordination to get the little barrette into the slit in the doorknob and turn it and unlock the door. Seriously, what am I going to do when she's a teenager? But, for now, I'm kind of proud of the smart little bugger.
No comments:
Post a Comment