Savannah and I planted potatoes. We're trying a big pot method this year.
Some of our early gorgeous tulips.
Daffodil.
We have a male and female duck that have been coming to our yard all spring. Here they are taking a little rest. Lately we've only seen the female a bit in the evenings. I'm hoping that's because she's hanging out on a nest most of the rest of the day. With any luck we'll see some duckies in a month or so.
Red buds about to burst open.
We also have a goose couple. The geese are a lot braver than the ducks.
Our neighbor's Japanese maple. They're right on the property line and hang above my garden. When the petals fall they fall into my garden and for a day it's like a blanket of pink.
Ha. Asparagus. I've actually been harvesting some this year. Tell me I'm awesome. Go on.
Nectarine blossoms. Last year I bought a bunch of fruit trees on sale. This nectarine was the sorriest of the lot as a couple of the branches were broken. The tree is still a wonky shape, but I was stunned by how pretty the blooms were.
Here are this year's ducks.
And in the pond. That one up front is mine (Lulu). I like her the best. In fact, I've kind of decided I like her breed (Indian runner) the best. They're smart and sweet. And if they'd stick around, they'd be good layers.
This is one of my favorite ever pictures of Mark. Click on it and you'll see a little duck peeking out around him.
Turtles on a log. Seeing turtles in the pond was one of the things that sold me on this house.
Elizabeth flying her kite.
Savannah and Emma in summer clothes. Yup, that's how it's been around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment